Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Harry Houdini tattoo anyone?

So, this is my final project for the "Funeral of a Magician" project for Media Studio. After restarting this TWICE, I finally finished. Done entirely in ink and watercolour. The blacks and reds are ink, and everything else is watercolour. First time around, I was going to do a poster for one of Houdini's stunt's the Chinese Water Torture Cell, except I was going to do the cell in a coffin shape. Didn't work out. Then I had this drawn up, was going to do the portrait in black and white and the rest in colour, but the portrait came out too dark and muddy, so the dearest Emily let me borrow her light board to trace the portrait to save some time. Thanks Emily! I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. This is 12"x16"

No comments:

Post a Comment